Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Falling Behind & Catching Up

Hard to believe my last parasha blog was Naso.  I missed two weeks.  Oddly, I have a list on a piece of paper I carry in my purse.  It's a list of topics I wanted to blog about.  Some of this is Jesse's fault.  He dropped his computer, and is temporarily without it.  Fortunately, he's not suffering much, or should that say unfortunately.  Unfortunately, Sean & I are since he's using ours.

I don't know when this is changing exactly.  There may also be a adjustment to working again.  My waking/sleeping cycle is off.  My body really prefers to go to sleep at 1:00 AM, and to wake at 8:00 or 9:00.  The world does not work on my cycle.  I am up much earlier, although not always asleep earlier.

It doesn't help that we spent the last ten days running to things at school.  We are now the parents of a high school student.  To get to this point there are many trips to school to clean up lockers, check the lost and found, and run Jesse to parties and rehersals.  A graduation service, breakfast, ceremony, and reception, plus a pre-party, prom, post-sleepover, pool party, and a graduation party.  Wow.

Mazel tov Jesse, RHA let you out, and your dad & I let you live to this point.  I believe this to be an accompliment for all of us.  Actually, Jesse's teachers and the administration had wonderful things to say. 

On another note:
Today I learned that the word shalom in sign language is clasping hands.  It's a beautiful image, an image that fully embraces the meaning of the word.  Hello- let me shake your hand.  Goodbye- let me hold your hand just a little longer, and Peace- let's hold onto each other, support each other, and be together.  In fact, the visual image of a sign shalom is so much closer to the true meaning of the word than anything that could actually be spoken or written as an explanation.