Sunday, July 31, 2011

Strange Quiet

Most Sunday mornings I wake slowly, and grab the book off my night table.  It's a quiet time, and I like to use it to read while my body slowly wakes up.  Gavriel wakes during this time.  He comes  in to join me, and we sit together and read.  We've been known to spend an hour or more cuddling and reading.  At some point Jesse will wake up, and suddenly then noise level in the house quadruples.  Somehow he makes the noise increase exponentially.  He will play the piano, often the Soviet or Russian national anthem (Yes, there is a difference.  He's explained it to us); he bugs Keren, or he knocks around in the kitchen.  Keren will sit in her room reading (that is until Jesse comes to bug her).

This morning I woke.  I grabbed my book ("Why Does E=MC2"), and read for about 15 minutes.  Gandalf & Nora each came by to be petted.  I checked Jesse's Farmville farms (as he asked me to do while he's away).  Then I got up to daven.  My day seemed to begin much earlier without my Gavi time.  Sean called, and I was already awake.  Bev came by (yeah).  Still it's been mostly unproductive.  I am wallowing in the quiet.  I walked two miles on the treadmill.  I ate breakfast and lunch.  I put a few things away, and I am vegging in front of the TV with no one to tell me what s/he wants to watch.  There are no arguments to referee.  No breakfast to make but my own (golden zucchini and onion omelet).

It's strangely quiet in my house.  I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment