Monday, August 20, 2012

Final Olympic Thoughts

The Olympics are over for another two years.  I liked it better when they were actually every four years.  We had a full year of Olympic fever and real down time between them.  I think the decision was a commercial one.  Merchandising is continuous.  We've ended this Olympics, but are already gearing up for the next Winter Olympics. 

As an ending to my Olympic thoughts I want to share two thoughts stolen from others that I fully enjoyed.

#1- The biggest disappointment of the Olympic Opening Ceremonies- David Beckham wearing a suit.  The point was made that this is a beautiful and fit man, maybe one of the best on the planet.  Would it have hurt him to don a speedo for queen and country.  Let's see what England is really proud about!


#2- It was suggested that the Olympic Opening Ceremony was satanic ritual.  The torch, the site, the rings, all was a connected to evil and Satan.  The column was like an episode of Charmed.  I loved Charmed.  I'm all for blending types of entertainment.  Thank you to this group for making me laugh out loud.  Oh, and of course to England for ensuring the site was on a center of evil.  Where would we have been without that.

I'll watch the Winter Olympics.  I'll be there from start to finish.  Looking forward to it.  See you in Russia in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment