Sunday, April 12, 2020

S'firat HaOmer & Hesed

My friend Yacov Fruchter created this beautiful idea for S'firat HaOmer. 
Having missed the first two days, I will post them here. And I will try to post daily (except Yom Tov and Shabbat)
Day One - Someone I am proud of - I am particularly proud of my husband, Sean Gorman, who has told his US Navy Reserve command he's available for whatever they need, and who has spent these days of Yom Tov as his command's duty chaplain. Though Yom Tov and Shabbat for us, between isolation and holiday stress, there have been many people who needed to speak with their chaplain. Depression, custody issues, fear and more are pressing upon people. Knowing there's someone safe to speak with is vital to wellbeing and mental and spiritual health.
Day Two - Something I am thankful for - Most of you know that 2020 has not been good for my family, a continuation of a difficult 2019. Strangely, though we're all getting a bit (or more) stir crazy, the time at home has provided me with the downtime I needed to continue to mourn my mother and more. I've had time to be sad. Time to stay in bed and wallow, which everyone needs sometimes. It was time I didn't plan on taking, time forced upon me by Covid-19, but time I clearly needed, and for that I am thankful. I am appreciating the craziness of us being 5 people at home, even with the volume. I am thankful for the love and friendship I see among my children (who stay up to all hours talking with each other). They have grown up not only siblings, but friends. For all that I am observing while sheltering in place, I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment