Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Catching Up

So I've caught up with my drashot, with the exception of Vayikra, which I can't find.  I still have much to do.  My time in Israel was wonderful.  I wanted to transcribe the notes I kept, but after all this time it's unlikely.  It's hard to believe that it was three months ago.  History was made,  although only time will tell if it made an impact.  The trip left me in amazement of how far tnua Masorti has come in a short time.  The amazing piece is the energy with which they approach everything.  We must have been that way coming out of seminary, but it's hard to know when it's you.

Very special during my time in Israel was the time I spent with my cousins.  With love to all my cousins, Wayne, as the oldest, was somehow special.  I treasured the time I spent with him and Lilach in Boston.  We wandered through Harvard Square, ate David's Cookies, and visited Brandeis and Tufts.  Being back with them it's like we haven't been apart.  We spent a lot of time laughing and sharing stories.  It's always wonderful to share memories and perceptions of our grandparents who are no longer with us.  It was also wonderful meeting Roi.  His energy is amazing, and exhausting.  It never seems to end.  We hit it off, and enjoyed each other's company.  It's wonderful knowing Wayne & Lilach are changing his life, making it better.  It's an amazing mitzvah, but there's also love and concern.  He's come so far, and they'll help him go as far as he can.  It made me appreciate the safe place we create for out children to explore and wander and dream in an open yet protected environment.  Even now, my eldest cousin is still teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment