Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Soundtrack for my Life

I am reading THE BOOK OF AWESOME.  That's the title, all in CAPS!  I feel like I should read it aloud in the deep voice of someone trying to sound like a commercial announcer.  Annnnnd now- THE BOOK OF AWESOME!

The title asie, it's a collection by Neil Pasricha talking about all the little awesome things in our lives.  It started as a blog, just an escape after work, but has rolled into two books.  They're not deep.  They're not intense, just a collection of happy things in life.

Whenever I need a lift, I pick it up, read a bit and smile.  Awesome!

I'm up to "Finding a mix tape given to you by an old boyfriend or girlfriend".  It lists some of the songs you might find on those mix tapes.  Reading it I started thinking about the mix tapes I used to have, both those given to m and those I made.  They're the soundtrack for that moment of our lives, the playlist of our early years.

At times Sean & I have thought about our playlists- I don't remember everything we put on them, but it's good.  Here's my start-

New York State of Mind, Billy Joel
Ani V'Atah, Arik Einstein
Pure Imagination, from Willy Wonka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ-uV72pQKI&noredirect=1)
Rainbow Connection, Kermit the Frog
You're My Home, Billy Joel
Wind Beneath My Wings, Bette Midler
Everything I Do, I Do It For You, Bryan Adams

There are more, but it's late.  Going to sleep listening to Bryan Adams and thinking of my husband and children.

In the meantime... What songs are on your life playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment