Friday, July 27, 2012

I Love Lucy

As a kid I was a big fan of I Love Lucy.  Anyone who is a fan of I Love Lucy knows that if something can go wrong for Lucy it will, and it will do it in the most humorous way possible.

Fast forward to my future-  I have managed to take that idea to heart, and institute it in my life.  Just some of the ridiculous things I have done...


  • As a teen- while walking backwards I have fallen over a hydrant.
  • Again, walking backwards, I suddenly turned to walk into a sign.
  • At Ramah Poconos I was the Rosh Hanutiyah (I ran the canteen).  At the end of the summer I was going in to clean up on one of the last days.  The door got stuck.  I yanked.  I yanked again.  I yanked a few more times until, suddenly, the door swung open, and hit me in the head.  I was knocked on my tush.  I may even have been knocked out for a moment or two.  I don't know.  I do know that I gave myself a concussion.
  • On a trip to Chicago for a family bat mitzvah, I was walking in the zoo, and I fell.  There was seemingly no reason, and I wonderfully wiped out in front of a crowd.  I scraped my knees and arms, and mostly my pride.
  • There was the wonderful story with the iron, sparks, and a black eye while Sean was in Japan.
  • Tuesday I was at kick-boxing.  Suddenly, I missed the bob (the man shaped pad we hit- sorry Bob; I didn't name it.).  My punch landed smack on my nose.  I saw stars.  It was a good hit.
Sean asked that I point out that when I did all these he either did not know me, or was out of town.  This is true.  Trust me that many silly things happen while Sean is home, but not so spectacularly.  I have been on crutches over ten times.  Amazingly, I actually have very good balance.  Because of that good balance, I am very careless.  Add that to a chronic knee problem that doesn't like it when I fall down, and you get disaster.

Lucy brought many hours of laughter into the lives of many people with her hijinks.  I hope I bring just a little into yours.  I certainly laugh about it.

Shabbat shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment