Sunday, October 28, 2012

Typos and Blogging

I believe in grammar.  I believe in proper spelling and the Queen's English.  I use spellcheck.  (Is spellcheck one word or two?)  I like commas and semicolons.  I don't tend to text-speak.

I have a problem.  I blog in bed, usually after midnight.  Also, I am a lousy speller.  The lousy spelling is fixable.  As I said, "I use spellcheck."  But the late night blogging is a problem.  On becomes one.  An becomes and.  Habit draws my fingers to type certain sequences, and the late hour causes me to miss them as I proof.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, Sean reads my blog.  He tells me of my typos.  Usually I am tired when this happens.  It is late.  I am blogging, so it's close to or after midnight.  But I believe in grammar, and proper spelling.  So I go back and edit.  I see where my sleep-deprived brain thought I typed "that's", but where I really typed "hat's".  And then, I do it all over again.

G'night (That's the Queen's English when she visits Australia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment