Monday, January 18, 2016

Kitty Blog #27, by Nora T. Cat

I am at my wit's end. I left a very special present for Jesse right in his room. I know he has to come home sometime. I hear his voice on the small black box and sometimes coming out of the computer. I can't see how he fits in there, or why he'd want to stay, but I know he won't stay forever. This week he asked for melawach and chicken pot pie when he comes home. After hearing that, I went downstairs to check on his special presents. I turned the corner into his room, and immediately I could see it had been STOLEN! I don't know what to do. I'd made that gift special, and placed it just so in the middle of his room. I could make another, but somehow it's just not the same. It means so much more when it's left after the person goes away. The age lets them know how long I missed them.

I'm making a list of ideas in lieu of the present. Here it is so far:

  • Ignore him (Nothing tells a human you missed them like the cold shoulder)
  • Swat at him from the bookcase or my high tunnel. (It's especially meaningful if you can hit the person's face.)
  • Bite his fingers when we tries to pet me. (Just like I used to do when my mother washed me. It shows the person s/he is family)
  • Beg for food. (This provides the opportunity for the person to apologize for leaving.)
  • Sleep on his head. (This is not my favourite, but I'm told by others it is a very effective way of letting your person know exactly where s/he belongs.)
I know with these skills, Jesse won't leave me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment