Monday, December 13, 2010

It seems like it's been a long weekend, like somehow I haven't spoken with Sean in forever.

I don't understand how time moves.  December is almost gone.  The time Sean has been away has flown.  Soon we'll be more than half way through.  Still I feel as if this weekend lasted a week or more.  Perhaps it's sharing moments with friends.  We celebrated b'nei mitzvah with friends, and are preparing for a third.  In these family moments Sean is missed even more.  Perhaps it's Gavi.  He was sick last night.  I was not as sympathetic as I should have been (partly caused by the fact that today I had to get carpet cleanser as a result and partly caused by a total lack of sleep).

It is sad to see Jesse & Keren sick, just like any child, but Gavi is such a happy child that to see him sick is to watch a bird with a broken wing struggle for life.  Gavi has been especially clingy and cuddly.  It's both wonderful and sad.  I love to cuddle him, but know he misses Sean so.  Tonight I had to attend the bar mitzvah party with Keren and Jesse.  Gavi couldn't come.  Normally he'd love the time with his grandparents, but all he wanted was me.  (Of course he was better by the time I arrived home.  All's well that ends well.)

Tomorrow is another day, and one day closer to Sean's return!