Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And So It Begins...

About 8:50 this morning I heard the garage door open.  Sean and Jesse were returning from minyan.  Jesse was glad to wake up at 6:45 AM for minyan if it meant a day off from school.  Sometimes he makes me proud (Okay, most of the time).

By 8:57 Jesse was knocking on my door to complain.  "Gavi is on the Wii."  "It's only 9 AM Jess.  You'll get to watch the tv."  He wants to watch 1776.  He watched it recently after a conversation about the American Revolution, and, as with many things, he is now obsessed.

By 9:04 Keren had come in to see me.  "Can I go on the Wii?"  "Yes, Gavi's on it."  Tears and whining began.  "He's been on it for three days."  I really don't believe it's been three days.  After all he has been at school and karate.  He has eaten meals, done homework, and slept, and today there is homework yet to be done, a project due tomorrow.  There will be time for Keren to play and Jesse to watch.

I can hear the scraping of the snow shovel outside my bedroom.  Sean is shoveling.  I am torn between wanting to help and enjoying the warmth under my blanket.  For now the blanket is winning, but as I like the entire driveway shovelled, I will soon leave this warm nest to go help.

Postscript- I did get up to help.  I put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt.  As I reached for my socks the garage door closed.  Sean had finished, and was returning to work.  He shoveled the entire driveway, both sides.  I got back under my warm blanket.