Friday, March 7, 2014

He's Broken & He Can't Get Up

Last year Sean headed off to do his milu'im (reserve duty), as he does every year.  While there, through no fault of the US Navy, Sean developed an appendicitis, and he spent half his time on medical leave.  Well... he's done it again.  This time, my amazing husband has broken his collarbone and fractured a rib.  Worse he missed the point.

Last Friday, playing racketball agains two Marines, at least 10 years his junior, my amazing husband ran full-flank into a wall while going for a point.  In his defense to me, he said, "But I was winning."  I told the senior chaplain who called me with the news that he was just shirking duty.  I then shared Sean's appendicitis story, and, for kicks and goggles, told him of the week before Gavi's birth, when my amazing husband broke his ankle playing racketball.  That time he made the point.  That was the first question the doctor asked him. One week later, when I went into labor, I still made him carry the pillows and my overnight bag, shlepping along behind me.  He accepted that role.

Did I mention I think he's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment