Thursday, March 27, 2014

I'm a Happy TV Viewer

I am spending my evening starting my Shabbat prep.  My habit is to catch up on my TV viewing while cooking.  Tonight is no different.  Currently I am making hot and sour soup while watching NCIS.  I am a happy TV viewer.  There is a new NCIS spin-off on its way, and tonight it is born.  (Well, actually Tuesday, but I'm catching up now, so it's tonight for me.)  I realize there are many people who either don't watch NCIS, or who may think that another spin-off is jumping the shark.  However, Law and Order managed it, so why not NCIS.  It's a top rated show, even after all these year.

So on to my happy viewing.  I enjoy NCIS and NCIS LA.  I like the characters and I like the actors.  I enjoy the ridiculousness of the stories.  After over 20 years of association with the US Navy, I know that this is absolutely not what NCIS does.  It doesn't matter.  I enjoy the eye-candy of the actors and the underlying romances.  I have always loved Mark Harmon, and I have come to love the rest of the cast.  Same with NCIS LA.  Now I get another beloved actor in Scott Bakula playing Dwayne Pride.  Plus, he's got the most adorable southern accent (not my favourite accent, but it'll do, and it's oh so cute on Scott Bakula and his co-star).  There's something just so sweet about a man with a southern accent.  I should know, Sean's accent makes a tiny, little appearance every once-in-a-while (especially when he's in uniform; there's something about the south and the military).

The hot and sour sour is set.  YUM!  It's all I can do not to have a huge bowl right now, but I know it'll be even better after letting the flavours meld overnight.  I still have enough time to prep brussel sprouts, garlic and sweet onion.

Nighty night and Shabbat shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment