Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tilting at Windmills

I was sitting in our living room this afternoon reading a book when I heard singing coming from our porch.  Listening for a moment, I could make out the voices of my two younger children, ages 10 and 12.

Were they singing "Call Me Maybe" or another pop hit?  No.  The lyrics I heard were "My Destiny Calls and I go..."  I listened longer.  On they went...

From where are those lyrics?  They come from the show "Man of La Mancha", the song- "I, Don Quixote".

What else do they enjoy, have I mentioned Shakespeare?  They debate the pros and cons of the plays and which stagings they prefer.

While "Call Me Maybe" may appear in our home once and a while, I much prefer tilting at windmills with my children to hearing the latest pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment