Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Road To Hell... aka I Think I'm Losing My Mnd

Today the kids had a PD afternoon.  That means that pick up is at 2:30 for all three instead of 3:30 and 4:05.  Yesterday I told the children today would be an early pick up.  We planned on heading straight to karate, getting hot cocoa at Second Cup, doing homework, and taking the early karate class for them all.  A wonderful plan, especially since I had an 8 PM meeting.

This morning I reminded them of the early pick up.  At about 10:30 AM I spoke to my friend Bev and mentioned that the kids had an early pick up.  Around noon I received a phone call from a colleague asking me to do something as the VP of our local Rabbinical Assembly region.  It needed to happen immediately and the president was stuck in Detroit (Ah snow).  I took care of it, and completely forgot the early pick up.  At 2:45, thinking I was so proactive in getting out the door early and knowing I needed to shovel the driveway again my mind suddenly clicked on.  I realized the children had actually been dismissed 15 minutes earlier.  I quickly called the school.  The kids were taken care of.

My question is- what happened to my brain between 11:45 AM and 2:45 PM?!