Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Another Great Company- All Hail Lego

First read this- http://consumerist.com/2012/12/03/lego-finds-spare-discontinued-set-so-boy-who-saved-up-for-2-years-wouldnt-be-disappointed/.  Lego found and gifted a discontinued set to a child who'd been saving for it.  Even better than the set, although perhaps not in the child's eyes, was the letter praising his willpower and patience in saving his money; as well as his love of and passion for Lego.  I hope that James does grow up to work for Lego some day, and that when he applies for the job he takes that special letter with him.

Years ago Sean and I began collecting Lego.  I figured you can never have too many Lego pieces.  I bought on sale.  I bought at yard sales.  I bought and bought.  When my children were old enough to play with Lego there was a short time when I thought I was wrong.  You can have too many Lego piece.  Wall to wall Lego on your floor is painful to the feet.

In our current home we have a huge crawlspace that has become a children play space.  On one side of the room there is Play Mobil (also good).  On the other side of the room there is Lego world.  Legos have created a city of skyscrapers in Gavi's room.  They have been cars and houses.  They have been castles, space ships, and zoos.  They are home to animals, dinosaurs, and people.  They have taught us patience, balance, and color coordination.  They fuel the imagination and build coordination.  Put Sean or me in a room with Legos and we can be busy for hours.

I was mistaken.  You can never have too many Lego pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment