Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's My Turn #10, by Nora T. Cat


Laundry is the greatest thing ever!  My people tend to do laundry in piles.  It's wonderful for so many reasons.

1. Laundry fresh out of the dryer is warm.  I can climb into the basket and snuggle down surrounding myself in a cloud of heat.  If I'm lucky I can manage a ride from the laundry room to the bedroom without having to move.

2. Laundry is soft.  There's little better than a pile of towels or sheets to sleep upon.  It has just the right amount of give for me to get comfortable.

3. Large laundry piles make wonderful vantage points.  From the top of a really full laundry basket I can observe all that happens in the bedroom and the hall beyond.

4. SOCKS! I love socks, especially when they have been paired for easy carrying around the house.  

And my latest discovery...

5. Laundry provides camouflage and cover.  Last night Jen had piles of laundry on the bed being folded and sorted.  The spaces between the piles were just the right space for me to hide while observing the entrance into the bedroom.  I bided my time.  Eventually Gandalf came in to eat.  That was my opportunity.  I watched and waited.  I marked the kill zone, and then, when Gandalf had eaten his fill, turned towards the door, and entered my sights, I pounced.  HA!  This was the best ambush ever!  I flew over Gandalf landing just past and in front of him.  He jumped about 200 feet in the air.  It was great. 

I can't wait until Jen does laundry again!

No comments:

Post a Comment