Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's My Turn #8, By Nora T. Cat

It has been a busy few days.  I have transitioned from nurse to general caretaker.  Jen is much better, but definitely overdoing it.  I have taken it upon myself to intercede, forcing her to take breaks.  I made sure she spent Shabbat resting.

Shabbat was wonderful.  There were no ridiculous vegetarian or dairy meals.  It was meat all the way.  There was chicken wonton soup for dinner.  I enjoyed a nice warm bowl.  Soup is a delightful human food.  I understand Jen's love of it.  Shabbat lunch had more soup and roast chicken.  Gandalf, even on his diet doesn't seen to be interested.  He runs in, but then eats little.  Wonderful; more for me!

Today Gandalf kept going in and out.  Why can he not remember it is freezing outside?  Out, in, out, in.  Really!  Then all he wants to do is curl up with me to warm up.  I am so not interested in being his heating pad.

On the plus side, when he's outside Jen gives me treats.  Gandalf can't have any due to his diet.  I've also had to go without.  That is not fair!  In return, I let Jen know when Gandalf is waiting at the door to come back in.  He looks so cold, his fur all fluffed up to preserve warmth.  I almost feel sorry for him.

Tonight we are relaxing.  The family is watching a movie.  I am relaxing with my special little, pink sock.

Happy night.


No comments:

Post a Comment