Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snow, Glorious Snow

I just spent 45 minutes shovelling my driveway, and I'm going to have to do it again later.  This is not a complaint.  I look at it as strength training.  I practice lifting with my arms and legs and not my back.  I have learned to use my upper thigh as a fulcrum to lift the shovel.

I noticed that today's snow is particularly good packing snow.  This morning I've also spent time creating a survey for work, returning emails and fielding phone calls, and planning for a reception.  But each time I look up from my computer, out the picture window in my kitchen, all I really want to be doing is building a snowman.  This is the perfect snow.  It's got body and clings.  This could be the greatest snowman ever.  I would only be limited by the size of snowballs I could lift for the body and head.

There's a lot more work to do today.  While my body will be working at home and in my office, my mind will be enjoying this perfect snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment