Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Birthdays & Other Celebrations

Saturday is my birthday.  I love birthdays!  Every one should be celebrated.  Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, any time you have a reason to celebrate- CELEBRATE!

Sean is not quite on board with my version of celebration.  He's all for quiet evening at home with family and a couple of friends.  I believe party means inviting everyone you know and love.  The more the merrier!

Presents, while nice, are not important.  It's the thought- not the thought behind a gift, but the "I'm thinking of you and I care" thought.  That means just saying happy birthday (BTW, Facebook helps with this).  It means acknowledging the day.  If you actually live with me it needs to be remembered on the day.  Everyone else gets a week leeway before and after (or more- as I said, it's the thought that counts).

Sean has ordered me a "surprise birthday cake."  That's what he called it when he called to ask me about the flavors.  Chocolate ice cream with pistachios and M&M's.  Yum.

Next up- twenty year anniversary.  That definitely deserves a big party.  Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

  1. Ellen Kruger-BloomMay 23, 2013 at 3:05 PM

    I agree with you about gifts and have commented so on Rav Sean's blog entry on this topic. They should be in the house the day before so that they can be presented first thing to the celebrant. The only deviation would be the purchase of fresh flowers or freshly baked treats for breakfast. Those may be purchased the same day providing the coffee is made by the buyer and the kids are taken with.

    Early happy birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean's usual MO is to say, "I have to go out." on the day, then try to find a gift. I disagree, but am realistic, and so it's become a family joke.

    ReplyDelete