Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lessons I Learned Form Harry Potter and Other Storybooks

In my last post I wrote about the power of love and loyalty in overcoming evil, hate, and terror.  Even as I was writing the thought struck me that I was writing the theme of Harry Potter.  The power of love must triumph over evil.  It made me laugh, but didn't stop me from writing it.  It's cliche.  It seems trite.  And yet, it's true.  Terrorism seeks to destroy good feelings by breading fear and anger.

Stories, television, movies may be fiction, but they also share important lessons.  Mr. Rogers realized this.  He sought to use the power of tv media for good, extreme good.

Harry Potter, public broadcasting, Frog & Toad books, and so much more.  We can learn so much from positive stories with strong characters.

Love will conquer evil.  Harry Potter will win the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment