Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It's My Turn #18, by Nora T. Cat

Yesterday Jen & Sean spent most of the day working in the backyard.  This was my chance to lull them into a false sense of security.  Once there they will let me out with impunity.

First I look adorable as I gaze longingly out the back door.  Then, I meow plaintively. When allowed out I quickly run and hide under the deck.  I only emerge after 15-20 minutes.  Then I make a careful circle around the yard, never venturing too close to the fence.  I meow sweetly at Jen & Sean whenever they are near or look at me.  Finally, I lie down in the brightest sunbeam in the centre of the yard, stretching out as if I have no other care in the world.

I know they fell for it.  Gandalf tried to throw me off my game a few times, but I just hissed at him, and told him to stay out of my business.  Next week I'll stretch my scheme into walking the perimeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment