Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blogging and Life

Blogging is a funny thing.  To have an interesting blog, you should have an interesting life, or be very creative about mediocrity.  Unfortunately, when life gets interesting it also get busy. This means I have less and less time to blog. While I am getting this down, we are listening to "May the Circle be Unbroken" sung by the Grand Ole Opry, followed by "Wading in the Water" sung by the South Canton Baptist Church, although Sean has begun to sing new words about the cat and Gavi and pasta which was dropped on the floor.  I should mention that the family is eating dinner behind me.

I have always wanted to write a book called "At the Rabbis' Table."  Tonight at dinner conversation has wandered from the Fudgery and their singing fudge makers to "May the Circle be Unbroken" and the Grand Ole Opry to Baptist services to doing the Kedusha to "Wading in the Water" to Kol Nidre to everyone's favourite comic character to Opus the penguin to whether he is dead (He's not.  He's just sleeping according to creator Berke Breathed) to Sean making up new words to "May the Turtle Be Unbroken" (Google it.  When I once played it for my brother he said, "That's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back."  But the family loves it.)  Dinner is always interesting.

Anyway, I have lots to blog about, and maybe I'll soon find some time.

Thanks for reading.

May the circle be unbroken, by and by Lord, by and by....


No comments:

Post a Comment