Friday, November 15, 2013

Here Comes the Sun

We are well settled back into Standard Time.  It is my preferred time.  I so prefer sunlight at the start of my day, when it helps to warm my room and wake me up.  Rising in the total darkness makes me want to say things that would embarrass Rob Ford.

Today, a non-work, non-school day, there were no alarms set.  I woke to the sun streaming in my window, warm beams spreading across the blanket, and the cat shifting next to my legs to take it all in.  It wasn't 10 am.  It was 7:23 am.  Not late, but still bright, even in November in Toronto.

I know it won't last.  We'll have a couple of months of darkness on both ends of the day.  Then, just when the sun returns, it will be horribly taken from us as we "leap forward" to Daylight Savings, an abomination before creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment