Sunday, March 17, 2013

Entertainment That's Not Garbage

How is it that shows like Emily Owens and Zero Hour get cancelled and pulled, whiled Celebrity Wife Swap is going strong?  I don't really need an answer.  I understand.  These shows force the viewer to use his/her brain.

First it was Off The Map.  Then Combat Hospital, a show that addressed real issues in a thought provoking way.  Emily Owens was a show I could watch with my kids without too much horror.  Zero Hour requires an educated audience.  We need to understand and be interested in Christian theology.  It's not that viewers needed to be believers, but they did need to be able to follow the theology presented.  The more educated you are in this area, the better the show is going to be.
I am a TV addict.  I love TV.  I love to unwind with something that thinks for me.  The key here is "thinks."  I don't want mindless drivel.  I don't want reality TV that has nothing to do with reality.  I don't mind dark, but there needs to be a reason and purpose behind the darkness.

Enough with the hours of doing all sorts of things "with the stars."  If they were really stars they wouldn't have time for these shows.  Stop the madness and give me something good!

Thank you for listening to my rant.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment