Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's No Worse Than Kissing

If you get grossed out easily, stop reading now.

On the scale of gross, this is really not even close, but you never know how people feel.  So, if you're worried, stop reading.

Okay, warnings aside.

I hate sleep deprivation.  You've already heard about Saturday night's lack of sleep.  Sunday afternoon was a family and friends event.  Sunday night was a MERCAZ-Canada event.  Monday night was another MERCAZ-Canada event followed by a late dinner.  Tuesday night was the ballet with Keren.  More on that later.  Wednesday night was kick-boxing followed by students at the house.  Add in how messed up Daylight Saving Time makes me, and I am a sleep-deprived mess.

But forget that I feel like I have a hangover every morning.  Forget the difficulty in focus, the dizziness and nausea that takes over at times like this.  Forget that in just over 50 words I have hit the delete key almost 25 times.  Oh wait, I just hit it three times in the last three words ("almost 25 times").  REALLY?!

Now the gross part...

This morning I dragged my ass out of bed (I started to write tush, but felt it was missing the oomph.).  I wanted to wear comfy, lounging around clothes, but my conscious mind worked its way through the fog (after snooze for 20 minutes) to remind me that I have two meetings today, and need to look at least human, and hopefully professional.  I found clothes.  I actually had to turn on the light, which made me cringe.  I managed to get dressed, although it took three tries to get my right leg into my slacks.  Keren & I could not find her sneakers.  She finally wore a different pair of shoes.  By the way, they're in the kitchen, and not even under the table.  I burnt my hand, not once, not twice, but three times getting by slightly overdone (damn it was a good NY bagel) bagel out of the toaster oven.  (Really, how hard is that?)

Finally I went to brush my teeth.  All was going well.  Two minutes with my fancy tooth brush.  It turned off, and I reached to replace it in its holder.  As I reached out I saw that the toothbrush still in the holder was...  MINE.  EEEEEWWWWW!  In my sleep-deprived state I had grabbed Sean's toothbrush.  This despite the fact that I have painted a large "J" on mine and a large "S" on Sean's in nail polish.  Yuck.

Oh well, when you think about it, it's really no worse than kissing.

No comments:

Post a Comment