Thursday, March 14, 2013

Kitty Blog #13, By Gandalf the Grey

There has been some talk in the house lately about my sleeping habits.  First off, I want Sean to stop calling me a floozy.  I do not sleep around.  It is my solemn role to check on all the people in my house each night.  If this means jumping on a bed for a little while... tough.

I do a room-to-room check every night.  First Keren.  She's the first in bed.  She can't sleep unless she's petted me.  It calms her, and makes for a peaceful night.  I try to be back with her in the morning so she's comforted when she gets up.  It helps since she is not a morning person.

Second, I go to Gavi.  He's usually reading by headlamp.  He reads until 10:45 each night.  I try to remind him when it's time to turn off his flashlight, but sometimes he's in the middle of a chapter, and he just has to finish.  Usually just walking into his room is enough, but I'm not above jumping on his bed if I have to.  Third, I check on Jesse.  He's never ready for bed when he should be, so I usually just do a look-in, and come back later.  Then on to Jen and Sean.  They have a really large bed, and it has to be checked to make sure it's safe.  I check out the whole thing.  Who knows what might be lurking in those blankets.  If Jen and Sean want to scratch my head or back, okay.  It's good for them. My regular settling place is between Jen and Sean.  That way I can watch them both.  As the night goes on, I move to Jen's legs to avoid being squished in the night.  Lately, Nora has been coming to hog my sleep space.  She's sneaky.  She comes and cuddles.  Then, she grooms me like she wants to be friends, but NO, that leads to an attack trying to get me out of my space.  Usually Jen kicks us at this point.  I don't know what her problem is.  After all, it's my sleeping space Nora is trying to steal.  Anyway, to avoid this I've been sleeping on Sean's other side.  Nora never cares about sleeping there.  I miss my favourite spot, but not the kicking.

By the way Sean, I don't snore.

No comments:

Post a Comment