Friday, November 23, 2012

It's My Turn, by Nora T. Cat

Typing with paws is easy, but someone needs to tell me where the darn power button on the computer is located.  I can do nothing if she leaves the computer closed and off.  Luckily it's moments before Shabbat, and they're busy.  I know the laptop will be shut soon.

Anyway, now that it's on, I can speak my mind.  Thankfully Jen had the sense to avoid a repeat of Monday.  She left for some meeting, but returned after only a few hours.  Thursday was the same.  Of course I'm not sure preparing full Thanksgiving and Shabbat dinners was a great choice, but oh, that turkey is so juicy and tender that I can forgive her.  Jen's chicken soup is quite refreshing as well.

As nurse cat I had to make sure she didn't overdo it.  Jen was made to sit most of the time.  I was there to watch her.  She had the sense to keep her foot elevated.  Turkey, squash, pumpkin, brussel sprouts, stuffing, cauliflower, zucchini, chicken soup and kneidel.  I don't know why they bother with all those vegetables.  The stuffing is good mixed with chicken broth, but squash?  Why would anyone eat squash?  Of course Gandalf had to try it, but in the end he agreed with me.

I ended my Thanksgiving with much for which I am thankful.  Jen cooks.  She also feeds me from the table.  I got treats while Gandalf was outside (the treat source has dried up a bit since Gandalf's diet), and a wonderful new pink and yellow sock filled with catnip.  It's mine, all mine.  I love it.  I will rub it, and lick it, and call it Little Pink Sock.  I love it so!  I have hidden it in my kitty tower where Gandalf cannot jump, but I don't have to worry.  It's mine, all mine!

Shabbat shalom.  Time for soup & chicken.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment