Monday, November 19, 2012

Kitty Blog 3, by Gandalf the Grey

Thank God Jennifer is walking, although with a very odd gait.  The other night Sean forgot to give me my last serving before bed.  I found it necessary to inform him at 4:00 AM by knocking the cup to the floor.  The rattle woke Jennifer (unfair really since she needs her rest to recuperate), who woke Sean to feed me.  Doesn't he realize I'm wasting away.  I'm almost down to 14 pounds.  At least she always remembers to feed me before bed!

I went for a run this morning.  Back and forth in the yard.  Damn those squirrels.  If they'd only come down from the trees or the six foot fence I know I could get one.  That's put a crimp in this ridiculous diet.  Maybe if I could actually catch a squirrel my people would realize I'm just big naturally and give up this folly.  I'll do it someday.  The squirrels are tricky little buggers.  Especially that grey on with the black shoulders.  Jennifer calls her Granny.  It does look like she's wearing a shawl, but she's anything but old.  Spry thing, she keeps leaping around on the deck railing.  I could get her.  I'm just waiting for my moment.  Yes, that's it, just waiting for my moment.

In the meantime, now that Jennifer is up and walking, Nora and I are trading off nursing duties.  One of us is with her at all times to ensure she has someone to pet or snuggle, but with her moving from place to place we can't both be there.  We need our naps.  Nora took motzei-Shabbat.  I'm on duty tonight.  Jen's got her foot propped up on that pillow again.  She's been using her foot too much.  I'll just lie across her leg so she can't move it.  That'll rest it.

Yawn.  Nap.  Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment