Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Kitty Blog 4- by Gandalf the Grey Cat

Today is tag-team nursing.  Jen overdid yesterday setting herself back a day, and so today she's back in bed.  I took the night shift, not leaving the bed until Sean took pity on me, and gave me my morning pittance of food.  When I began my shift, I knew Jen wasn't going to move, so I didn't have to live on her, and took up the position at the foot of the bed.  Unfortunately I did lie on top of Nora, who wasn't too happy with me, and hissed and jumped up.  Wow she's touchy.  A little thing like landing on her, and she gets all huffy.

It was an uneventful night.  Jen was so tired she didn't even turn the 3-4 times she normally does, waking in almost the exact same position as when she fell asleep.  She also fell asleep about 1 1/2 hours before the light goes out, which is especially rare.

At 6:37 AM Sean finally fed me.  Really, I can't understand what took so long.  He'd been up almost 30 minutes.  I don't know how I am to survive this diet.  He left with the kids this morning, and didn't return to feed me until 1:04 PM.  I hope we're not returning to the days when Jen couldn't feed me.  I'll never survive.  I've learned to pace myself, taking a few bites here and there to ensure the food lasts the hours of the day.  There's nothing sadder than an empty food bowl.

Today we are using zones to guard Jen.  I've got the main floor.  Jen made three trips down.  I told her not to load the dishwasher, but I think she thought I was asking for more food.  I heard Nora yell at her when she returned to the bed.  Ha, serves her right.

Time for a snack.  It's been 14 minutes.  Then maybe I'll spell Nora in the bedroom for a bit.  There's a great sunbeam coming in the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment