Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's My Turn- Nora The Cat Speaks

Following her surgery Jennifer is finally learning to understand and appreciate the cat nap.  Humans don't get it.  They run, run, run all day.  Felines, on the other hand, know that to fully appreciate life, one must be well-rested.  Of course one should live one's life to the fullest, but in between amazing adventures, one should take advantage of the divine gift of sleep.  Of course, humans don't really understand this.  If they did they would not give into the great god Hypnos only when confined due to circumstance.  They would find a nice couch, armchair, or whatever and nap after every task.  It's what keeps us focused.

Of course if Jennifer was truly focused, she might notice that I have learned the trick of the computer (not to mention her passwords).  That wireless mouse will work anywhere, and a little discreet walking on the keyboard does the trick.  However, I will admit that I am surprised Gandalf figured it out.  He may weigh more than two of me, but there's no fat in his head.  Still, I am enjoying taunting him a bit with the fact that my bowl is always filled with food.  He can't reach it of course.  He can't jump that high.

It's time for my nurse cat duties.  I keep telling Gandalf not to walk on the patient, especially with his heft, but he doesn't get it.  He claims it's a massage, but I think he's just heavy.  My nursing is more subtle.  I've taken up my sentry point on the corner of the bed.  If I feel the patient needs a pick-me-up I move to allow her to scratch my head and neck for a short bit; then right back to my position.  After all, it's not only about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment