Sunday, November 25, 2012

Of Blogging, Followers, & Comments

Blogging is a strange experience.  Am I writing for me?  Am I writing for you?  Am I just writing?

I have followers.  Not many, but some.  But when I look at the stats clearly more than my followers read my blog.  Why does one person follow and another read but not follow?  Why do people read this blog, and what do they want to hear?  My readers are all around the world, from Indonesia to Brazil, from Canada to Egypt.  How did they find me?  Why did they click?  What makes this a piece you want to read?

And then there are the comments.  Few and far between, but there.  It's a sometimes intimate conversation with some people I know and others I have never met.  Isn't that odd?  Can I have an intimate conversation with someone I've never met?

No answers, just questions.

Good night.  Pleasant dreams to all, and peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment